February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day(?)

Hello CMF Friends!

This week’s Country Music Friday will feature Country love songs! *GASP* What? People sing about things other than small towns, alcohol, and trucks in country music? Since when?

Since always, people. Where have you been living? Under a rock? Get with the program.

The First: You Sound Good To Me by Lucy Hale


Lucy Hale of Pretty Little Liars, [previously of Privileged,(previously of American Juniors – remember??!)] has broken into the music scene (or, depending on how you look at it, has re-broken into the music scene?)! How fun! This song makes me excited for summer (gear down over there, David. I just said I was excited for summer. I still prefer autumn.) Also: 1:31 of the video makes no sense to me – why include that clip? Unnecessary.


The Second: Somewhere Only We Know by Dan & Shay


I first heard these boys a couple months ago on the ray-day-o with their song 19 You & Me. Which is also great! But then, as I typically do when I hear a new artist, I youtubed them. And voila! I found this acoustic song. That they sang and recorded in the backwoods (classy). And it also really shows off their vocal skills. So, amazing! I particularly love their mini-riff a the very end. What d’ya think about that?


The Third and Final: Hope You Get Lonely Tonight by Cole Swindell



I just really like the rhythm of this one and the way he puts stress on the latter half of each line. I will also say that you need to actually listen to the song. If you judge me purely based on the title, I am very aware that you will assume me to be some sort of bitter, terrible Valentine’s Day Grinch. That’s why I need you to listen to it. Because then you’ll realize that I’m not!

Sidenote: Cole is playing a concert tonight but I couldn’t find anyone that both loves country music AND had no Valentine’s Day plans to go with me... Le sigh. I’ll catch up with you next time, Mr. Swindell!

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment