October 7, 2016

I'm thankful for country music.

Well a happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving to all!

Let's take a moment to remember what's truly important this holiday weekend, shall we?
Family.
Friends.
Freshly baked pie.
An extra day of leisure.
The beautiful colour of the trees as their leaves slowly die.
Country music.
Brussel sprouts.

Sorry... did someone say country music? I mean, yeah, sure, twist my arm, I guess I can share some..?


The First: Woman In Love by Aaron Goodvin


Well isn't this just the grooviest little tune! It's sweet until you feel like a bit of a creep watching a stranger's wedding video because *spoilers* I'm pretty sure this music vid is legit just the Goodvin's actual wedding video.


The Second: A Guy With The Girl by Blake Shelton


Not gonna lie... I haven't been the biggest fan of the other tracks Blake has released lately. I just find them a bit spiteful not my thing. But this one was a nice change from all the other... stuff. It's short, and sweet, and catchy. Like a child-sized fishing rod with a gummy worm at the end. Yep, that's the analogy I'm going with.


The Third and Final: That Ain't Country by Aaron Lewis


Let's be grateful for folks like Aaron here who try to emulate some of the old stuff that started this glorious genre. Also, yes, I did decide that one Aaron was just not enough for this post, so I went ahead and added another Aaron to the mix. Let's all be thankful that I didn't add a third Aaron in the middle and instead went with Blake.


I hope you all enjoy yourselves and, more importantly, the tryptophan this long weekend! I'll be spending mine with some dear friends and family (including the littles!) and hope you get some time in with the people special in your life as well.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment