November 4, 2016

Driving is boring.

So last week Goose, my car, decided to no longer have a working radio and it's all very dramatic because, in case you weren't aware, driving is painfully b.o.r.i.n.g. without a radio to keep you company and to sing along with. Like... what's the point? For the first few days I tried to just sing songs a cappella but turns out I don't know lyrics very well without musical accompaniment and it's exceptionally frustrating to not remember the words to songs when you're also unable to look them up.

Needless to say it's been a harrowing, music-less week. But thankfully I still have three new songs to share with you today.

The First: Just Sayin' by the James Barker Band


Starting with this groovy number to kick us off! I was having a little dance party (surprise, surprise) to this song the other morning and just knew it would need to be part of this week's selection. Also, am I the only one who thinks of this when they hear "I'm just saying"?


The Second: She Is by Lady Antebellum


A new single from Lady A! Ohmygosh! I've missed their harmonies and uplifting melodies so this song was welcomed with open arms. Plus, I too like Sundays and champagne so I feel this song really gets me.


The Third and Final: Time by Dean Brody


You know, I've always been a Dean Brody fan but this song has really solidified things for me. The slow build in tempo and storylines is so good but doesn't detract from the main message of the song: time doesn't care. Or in other (perhaps kinder) words: you never know how much time you'll really have with the people you love or to do the things you hope to do. Not in a scary way, but more in a today's the day kind of way. So carpe diem this Friday!

Today kicks off a week of staycation for me. It's a staycation because I failed to plan appropriately for my days off from work like a fool. So instead I'm going to spend the next week catching up on life things that have kind of fallen to the wayside since... August. Wish me luck!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment