November 3, 2017

Better late than never.

It's November.
It snowed yesterday.
Daily Savings ends on Sunday.
Red cups have made their debut at Starbucks.
The countdown to Country Christmas 2017 is on.
I'm hoarding mini Reese's Cups like it's my job (I wish. Could you imagine??)

These are just a few updates from the last few days that I felt were specifically important for me to share in case you've been living under a rock and didn't realize how close we are to the most wonderful time of the year. Because we're so close.


The First: Jackpot by Nikki Lane


That raspy voice though 👌. I haven't listened to much Nikki Lane in the past, but this song caught my ear earlier this week so I made a note and as it turns out I really like it. Hope you do too!


The Second: Dang If We Didn't by The Cadillac Three


This seems like an appropriate song to lead us into the weekend. Slow and steady but with a strong beat and a chorus that easily gets stuck in your head just like the small world song or that avocado lady. I'm really selling it now, aren't I?


The Third and Final: Kill Your Love by Jess Moskaluke


Weird and storyline-less music video (unless you're new here you know this is true for 40% of the videos I share) but the song is pretty catchy and you can't deny the power of Jess' voice.

Sorry this is rather short and sweet (and late) but I just couldn't keep my eyes open last night and it's honestly a miracle I'm getting this out at all. I'm off to snowy Whistler for the weekend and among other things I'm looking forward to catching up with a close friend I haven't seen in weeks. Hope yours is equally wonderful!

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment