March 22, 2013

Back on the wagon again.

CMF! CMF! CMF! CMF! (< that was supposed to be read as a chant. Such as one might hear at a sporting event of sorts.)

Today’s selection is brought to you by the place in my brain that is guilty of sometimes really loving redneck hicktown country. The more twang the better.


The First: Catch All the Fish by Brad Paisley


When I have a fervent country music hater in my car, I do three things: 1. Lock the doors and windows via my fun and powerful master buttons, 2. Blast this song, 3. Sing this song with as much twang and volume as I can muster. So far I’ve made two people’s ears bleed, caused four people to refuse to get back in my car, and I have successfully converted one blessed soul into a country music appreciator. So I think those are pretty good stats. Clearly my method is working, which is why I have no plans to change it.


The Second: Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson


About a month ago, my friend David and I were walking and randomly started singing this lovely diddy. In the middle of the song, David turned to me and asked, “Why in the world have you not yet included Chattahoochee in your Country Music Fridays??” So, this one is dedicated to David. DP, I am truly sorry for this great oversight. I take full responsibility. I have no excuse for my behaviour and can only hope that my actions in the future are enough to demonstrate my positive intentions and remorse...
The rest of you, please enjoy this wonderful chanson by the one and only AJ.


The Third and Final: It’s Friday by Dean Brody


Okay. So this song may have veered significantly away from my previous “redneck hicktown country” description, but I heard it for the first time this morning and I love it. I love how Maritime-y it is (courtesy of Great Big Sea, no doubt) and how celebratory it is and how it’s Friday today so hopefully some of his lyrics will ring true soon enough. Enjoy because It’s Friday!

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment