March 1, 2013

It's Friday, Friday...

... gotta [listen to country music] on Friday! Which songs should I pick?

Hello, welcome, and thank you for entertaining my little homage to Rebecca Black (aka awful. Why? Probably because she isn’t a country music artist.)

LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED, SHALL WE?

The First: Online – Brad Paisley
  

As I’ve mentioned in previous CMFs (slash as you’ve probably noticed from hits such as Camouflage and I’m Gonna Miss Her) nobody embraces and croons cheesy country quite like Mr. Paisley. In this tune, Brad turns into a 30something who still lives in his parents’ basement and regales us with stories of his online dating adventures. It’s hilarious and sad all at the same time. As any quality country song should be.


The Second: Something To Do With My Hands – Thomas Rhett


Okay. I actually have just really been loving this one lately, which is why I thought I would include it. Rock on. (Don’t worry, me saying ‘rock on’ just now felt as weird for me as I’m sure it did for you reading it too. I’m a geek.)

The Third: She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy – Kenny Chesney


Yep. You read that right. There is a song out there about how boys on farm equipment might be considered attractive. Who knew? Are we surprised that this song made it into the CMF or are we more surprised that it has taken me this long to include Kenny in these weekly roundups? I personally think the latter is more ridiculous. But I’ll let you be your own judge. 


The Fourth and Final, by request: Is It Friday Yet? – Gord Bamford


Because it is. So let’s celebrate.


Serious question for all of you: Should JRfm hire me as their new radio dj or should JRfm hire me as their new radio dj? Discuss.


Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment