September 11, 2015

I love fall and I love coffee, but I am not a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Welp. The first week of classes - and the inevitable growing pains (read: traffic and no longer empty parkades) that go along with a campus that's coming back to life after a quiet summer - is finally coming to an end. And now it's the weekend so let's celebrate! And by celebrate I of course mean sleep in until you're so hungry that you are forced to crawl out of bed and scavenge your kitchen for sustenance.

The First: Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood


Oh, Carrie. Bringing it home with another working class anthem. I actually quite like the storyline of this video, surprisingly. It's just a feel-good three-and-a-half minutes. Unlike her last single that made me feel the opposite of good. Also, this really lovely cover of Alan Jackson's Remember When just started playing and I liked it so much, I'm spontaneously sharing it with you now. I don't usually like the unplanned, but when it comes to country music, I allow it (apparently).


The Second: One Of Those Nights by Tim McGraw


Full disclosure: I selected this song purely out of frustration. I have a long list of songs I want to share with all of you but sadly they haven't made their way to the youtube yet so we all have to wait. And so I figured if we're going to wait, we might as well enjoy some not-so-new but still great songs that maybe we haven't heard in some time while we do so.
Things that make me happy in this video: Tim McGraw in a toque and puffer jacket, the label maker (because we know how much I love my own label maker), and just this song in general which I still turn the volume up for whenever it makes its way onto the radio.


The Third and Final: Trouble Is by Charlie Worsham


Charlie knows what it's like. You sing it, Charlie.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend of rest and relaxation and that lovely in-between weather when it's still sunny and warm but the colours of autumn begin to make some casual appearances, not unlike all of Taylor Swift's friends at her concerts. (What I'm trying to say is that those appearances are not casual at all. They strut the stage with a wind machine pointed directly at them. In the former's case, that wind is nature.)

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment