September 18, 2015

Mo' Titles, Mo' Problems.

This week has actually ended up being a really lovely one full of some much-needed down time and fully launching myself back into the regular routine of fall, my favourite season! And apparently I used none of that downtime to come up with a half decent title for this week's CMF. For that I am sorry. I struggle with titles, clearly. But! I did have time to do things like cook, read and exercise again, which has been just swell. So cheers to fall and all the great things it brings! (Right, David?)

The First: Sober Me Up by Frankie Ballard


I've listened to this one so much this week that I think I heard my phone audibly sigh when I hit repeat just now. Mostly I just feel that a lot of the songs we typically hear from Frankie are more upbeat and summery, and this one is a refreshing change for him. It also has a really lovely melody for you to sing along with. Because we all know that I've already done that approximately 53 times in the last 24 hours.


The Second: On Top of the World by Tim McGraw


I've gone from basically no Tim McGraw to double Tim McGraw. I call it making up for lost times.
When I first heard it, I really didn't think I would ever feature this song simply because I thought it was rather plain. But then the subliminal force of radio infiltrated my brain and here we are: I love this song.
Story time: I was picking up my friend Kanaiya a few weeks ago and had this song going with the windows down. The moment he got in my car he exclaimed, "why are you listening to rock music?!" Now, I haven't yet decided if this speaks more to Kanaiya's music sensibilities or Timmy's, but it still cracks me up. You're welcome for yet another riveting story from my car.


The Third and Final: 500 Miles by Haley & Michaels


Controversial, I know, but I quite like this cover! And it's about time we hear this song again, outside of weddings or spontaneous jam sessions or midnight viewings of Benny & Joon (so good). On a related note, I think the addition of a female's voice - especially one as beautiful as Haley's - really works for this cover. If you're interested in another beautiful (read: full of emotions and feelings-y stuff) song by these two, I suggest Giving It All (To You).
And just because someone is guaranteed to bring it up, I do know that 500 Miles is not the actual title of the original song, but that's what H&M (the artists, not the clothing store) are going with, so I've followed suit in this case.


As always, thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment