October 9, 2015

Leaving on a jet plane.

And by jet plane I really just mean a regular sized plane.

I'm currently on a plane to Nairobi, Kenya for a wedding reception (for these two) and I'm super excited! I'm also most likely sleeping, but past Karla (she seems really lovely) decided it would be nice for you to still enjoy CMF this week and, with the help of some internet magic, that dream has come true. What a world. The last time I left North America, I was five and my whole family was off to live in Chile for a year and a half. So, needless to say, it's been a while. I'm excited for all that I'm about to experience, the memories I'll make with dear friends, and hopefully the giraffes I'll see if we go to a park. I really love giraffes.

In celebration of this adventure, I thought a travel theme would only be appropriate for this week's CMF. So pack your bags.

The First: Run by George Strait


A classic! And one of my all time favourite songs. There are no graphics or lyrics or storyline accompanying the video I chose because it doesn't need it. Just listent to Mr. Strait's smooth twang and let him take you away (literally).


The Second: Greyhound by Ashley Clark


Does anyone else remember Ashley Angel from the MTV (maybe?) show "Making the Band"?? As an eleven year old, I was convinced that Ashley and I were made for one another and I thought it was super progressive of him to have the name Ashley. But mostly was really looking forward to the day we would meet and obviously fall in love immediately. Too bad there was a significant age gap, geographical gap, and now, I would argue, a significant number of other issues with that fantasy relationship. Thank goodness for age, geography, and life guiding me away from that plot ending.

Anyways, this is not the same Ashley, but he sings about distance and travel and needing to desperately get to his loved one, so it fits and it's fun.


The Third and Final: Anywhere With You by Jake Owen


I don't feature a lot of Jake Owen, but I do love this song and feel it has a place on CMF, so here we go. It is also on theme, so that's a bonus.

Also, our bestie from last week, Jon Pardi, has a kind of hilarious song that fits with this week's selection, although the "love" part of it takes a slightly different route (< punny). You may enjoy it here.

Finally, a big birthday shout out to my oldest sister, Claire, who celebrates her 31st tomorrow! Love you, lady.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment