October 2, 2015

There are sadly no references to majestic animals this week.

But I do feature some Dallas Smith, which some may say is the same thing.

PS (Which in this case I've decided stands for pre-script, not post-script, since I haven't actually gotten into the thick of it yet): I love it when you all respond to CMF like so many of you did last week. It totally makes my day/weekend/life. Thanks! Your reward is that I won't bore you with a super long introduction and just get into the musak.


The First: Missin' You Crazy by Jon Pardi


This man is basically the epitome of southern twang, in my books. And I obviously love it. A song of his that I have been desperado wanting to feature for the last few months is called Over My Head and every week I check the YouTube hopeful it'll be available and it just doesn't seem to be a thing that's going to happen. But when I do search for it I am always reminded of how good Missin' You Crazy is, and so I figured I might as well share it with you. Also his hair is all fluffy in the video which is, fortunately/unfortunately, not how he styles it anymore. So you have that to enjoy. Having said that, I also encourage you to explore Over My Head on iTunes or Spotify or something because it's really great.


The Second: Move On by Clare Dunn


I like this song for two reasons:
1) The title makes you think it's about something totally different and then she gets all wordplay-y (< english) with the lyrics.
2) Clare seems like a lady not to be messed with and I appreciate that. She completely just owns the stage in this video. Like a Miranda Lambert apprentice.
3) Because I lied when I said I had only two reasons: basically this song is my anthem.


The Third and Final: A Girl Like You by Dallas Smith


Because it's been a reasonable amount of time since I've gushed over this man, so I thought why not today? Mostly I just wanted to make sure that you were reminded that Dallas Smith is still talented and wonderful. This song has been out for well over a year and I still love singing it - particularly the second verse. And by that I really just mean to instruct you to never interrupt me when I'm singing the second verse of this song because I will become unreasonably angry with you if that happens. You like the whiskey in me, I dig your classic thinnng...
If you know Dallas (not in the close personal way I do, of course) you will know that this is definitely not his current single, but you are welcome to check that out too, if you would like (the lyric video features stop motion... so...)


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment