April 22, 2016

It's A Country Party Up In Here

But I mean, when is it not? Amirite?


The First: Are You Ready For The Country  covered by Hank Williams Jr. ft. Eric Church


Sheesh. So much Eric Church lately. Instead, let us enjoy a teeny tiny Hunter Hayes and a somewhat younger Hank Williams Jr. back in the mid 90s... what were you doing in 1995? I was busy learning Spanish and forgetting my English. And then inevitably forgetting my Spanish when I had to relearn my English. I was not performing an adorable rendition of Jambalaya on stage for thousands of people. Were you?


The Second: Underdogs by Chris Young


NHL Playoffs and such. That's happening, right?

Yes, I know that the video features football and not hockey, but the lyrics are still applicable.


The Third and Final: Cool With That by Brett Kissel


In case you were wondering, Brett Kissel would like everyone to know that he's still sticking with the traditional cowboy hat look. You do you, Brett. In other news of equal if not greater importance to Brett's headwear, that drummer may be my favourite part of this video. Evidence can be found at 1:22. And 1:33.... and 2:06. Hope that guy just made your day like he made mine. :D


I realize he's not country at all, but I would be remiss if I finished off this week without a moment of dedication to Prince. As anyone who has ever played music bingo with me will know, I love Prince. (If you don't know what music bingo is, seriously what are you doing still reading this instead of googling "music bingo pubs near me" right now?). This is one of my favourites.


Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment