April 8, 2016

There are no pranks this week, I swear.

I'd say I'm sorry for the April Fools day thing... but I'm really not. It was the most entertaining Friday morning I've had in a while. So thanks for that.


The First: Wasted Time by Keith Urban


Isn't that the truth though? This song reminds me of a day a few summers ago when myself and a few of the wonderful characters in my life went from being so bored one early afternoon that we decided to follow random cars on the road just to see where they were going (this kind of sounds like stalking now that I'm looking at it written down, but I swear it wasn't...) while making up stories about the drivers' lives to somehow ending up playing mini golf, which led to beach-hopping, and then going out for late-night burgers. Wasted time for sure. But also an awesome day in the end.


The Second: Untamed by Cam


I do realize that Mayday is her current single but sometimes I just like taking the road less travelled, okay? I think I like this song mostly because of all the different things going on with the instrumentals. Like, is that a harmonica? Is someone playing the washboard? Did they commission a train specifically for that chugging sound? We may never know, but we can enjoy.

PS You should also listen to Mayday - it's actually very good and you shouldn't miss out just because I'm trying to be "different."

Did I basically just trick you into enjoying two Cam songs? Perhaps.


The Third and Final: Noise by Kenny Chesney


Remember when Kenny came out with Save It For A Rainy Day and I didn't like it at first, but then grew to love it? No, of course you don't because I didn't feature it because I didn't like it at the time. For this, I am truly sorry. Please accept this song as one part apology and the other part me trying to not make the same mistake twice. I believe this is called "growing as a person."


Have a wonderfully sunny weekend, CMFers! I'll be spending mine with my fam, likely pouring over family photo albums and laughing at the old home videos my dad pulled out of storage last weekend. He's been sharing "teasers" all week. I think he's excited.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment