July 25, 2016

Artist of the Week: Brett Eldredge

Good morning! Happy Monday! We're chatting about Brett Eldredge today! I like exclamation points!

Originally from Illinois (which, you might have already guessed if you knew that was the name of one of his albums), Brett is right at the brink of being big. He's had success with his last few singles and, event though he hasn't been in the business for all that long, he's managed to tour with the likes of Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Little Big Town, and Miranda Lambert, to name a few. On an unrelated note, I can also tell you that I assumed he was much older than he actually is. He's just 30 and I definitely would have put money down on a number a bit north of that. So good for you, Brett! You exude the look of maturity and wisdom well beyond your years.

I think the thing I like most about Brett's sound is that if I were on vacation somewhere tropical and I was walking around a resort and they were playing a little Brett Eldredge, it wouldn't sound totally out of place. They've got a bit of a tropical, beach-y vibe. And so, in turn, I always feel like I'm on a mini vacation whenever I listen to his music. Does that make sense? I hope so. I rewrote that three times in my attempt to explain it and what you just read was the best I could do.

Now, since I already subtly mentioned it earlier, I'm just gonna talk at you about his album Illinois for a hot second. It may not be his current album, but imma be bold and just say that every last one of the tracks on it are all excellent.
Like... Just. Go.
Go buy the album.


The First: Signs



This song immediately makes me happy from the moment you hear that guitar start to strum. And then the drums jump in and I'm just like, yep, this is great. I think there's some sort of unspoken rule in Nashville that every country artist needs to eventually come out with a song about their tiny hometown (it's like a right of passage or something) and Brett here is no exception. In fact, he does it better than most.


The Second: Gotta Get There


Here he is again following another trend, because for some reason girls are always running off to California in country songs. I'm not sure why. But they do it often.


The Third and Final: Wanna Be That Song


We don't slow it down too often here on CMF, but this one is too sweet to pass up. Not only is this his current single (how appropriately timed), but the music video isn't completely awful, so that's a big win in my books. It's also possible that he likes baseball, which I thoroughly respect. He mayyy be a Cubs fan. Maybe.

That's a wrap for today, folks. I hope this week is a great one for you.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment