July 22, 2016

Pre-Long Weekend Weekend

Good morning!

For those of you who only visit this little corner of the internet on Fridays, you may have missed a new feature here on CMF - Artist of the Week! You see, I find myself falling down the rabbit hole of a single artist way too often when picking out selections each week and it takes everything in me to not include more than the reasonable selection of three songs. To give you a mental image, it's basically me just yelling at my computer, "Why can't I just feature thirty Chris Young songs?!!" every Thursday night. My neighbours are probably less than pleased.

So. To avoid you actually getting a post with thirty Chris Young songs in it (even though we all know that would be amazing), I've created this new series. Each Monday we'll take a bit of a deeper dive into a single artist. You can get a taste of Artist of the Week by reading this week's post on Miranda Lambert and tell me what you think.

Now onto the reason you're all here...

The First: Every Little Thing by Russell Dickerson


LITERALLY GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET THIS ONE OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND OFF REPEAT. It's not possible. It. Is. Not. Believe me, I've been trying for a month now. In fact, at this point I really don't know whether to say, "you're welcome" or, "geez, I'm so sorry."
(I kid. It's obviously the former. #noregrets.)


The Second: Lipstick by Runaway June


If you're not into twang... you may wish to skip this one. I find the vocals are very Dixie Chicks-esque, which is probably why I love it. Almost as much as I love the twins dancing at 2:00. They're basically the real life version of the emoji twins.


The Third and Final: Left Side Of Leavin' by Brett Young


First off, let's all revisit this cutie's CMF debut and the song that I still have not grown tired of. It's so sweet and catchy! The only reason it's no longer on repeat is because selection numero uno by Russell up there has taken over, at least temporarily. What I appreciate here is that Brett has decided that this breakup song doesn't have to be sad and slow. It can be fun and make you wanna sing along and groove a little. Because if we have to listen to breakup songs, why not have fun with them... right? PS He's working on his first album and I'm excited!

Have a happy pre-long weekend, weekend! It's real important that you rest up in order to truly make the most out of August Long. I'm spending mine hanging out with friends in the sunshine, watching some fireworks, and accompanying a very special friend wedding dress shopping (likely followed by Olive Garden because why the heck not?)

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment