September 9, 2016

Back To School

I assume you probably haven't had enough of the "Back To School" marketing stampede yet since they only started it in mid-June this year, so I figured I'd get my own back to school cool shout out in before it's too late. Or maybe I just couldn't think of a title so this is what you get instead. We'll never know, will we?

(Yeah, no... I know you know.)

The First: Red Dress by Jojo Mason


It. Took. Four. MONTHS. For this song to be released on Youtube. Jojo! What were you doing for FOUR months that you couldn't throw even a lyric video online for us?? I swear I think I searched this song every week in the hopes that that would be the week that I could share it with all of you. But every week my hopes were dashed to pieces and I was forced to make a different selection.

I probably would have given up by now if I hadn't heard on the radio a few days ago that the music video was finally (finally!) uploaded. Thank. Goodness.


The Second: In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young


Can't stop, won't stop featuring this man. Even if the live version begins with the disconcerting sound of the Skype app opening up when you least expect it. But I just think this is the sweetest song, so I'll put up with the bloooop sound anyway.

Did you know that Brett was on track to be a professional baseball player but after suffering an injury in college took the music route instead. Can you imagine?? "Well, I guess I can't make millions playing the sport I love and am really, really good at so maybe I'll just do it by picking up this guitar thing instead?" Somebody was clearly given a double dose of talent.


The Third and Final: Beer Weather by Cold Creek County


Okay hear me out. And by "hear me out" I really mean hear this song out. Because titles aside, it's catchy and almost fools you into thinking that fall isn't just around the corner. Speaking of autumn, has anyone seen large halloween packs of Reese Peanut Butter Cups yet? I've only come across packs of 12, which is basically like one movie's worth and obviously won't do. If you find some, please advise. This is important (to my happiness).


And in case you weren't already in a great mood because it's Friday, here you go. Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment