January 13, 2017

New Year, Old Me

Well, we're back folks!

Welcome to 2017 - the year I ushered in with a glass of prosecco, a bowl of popcorn, and missing the clock strike midnight because I was already asleep. So basically everything about this year is the same so far and absolutely nothing has changed. Fun!!

The First: Sinking Like A Stone by Madeline Merlo


I realize that this song is a few years old, but consider this my very desperate attempt to infuse more ladies into CMF. Even if they are choosing to give me zero new material lately(!!!) And yes, I do take the lack of new releases as an obviously personal and very intentional slight directed specifically at me from every female country music recording artist in the world. Because what other logical reason could there possibly be??


The Second: Easy by Mike Ryan


Audio's not perfect and the guy at the beginning is a Chatty McChatterson (song starts around the 1:00 mark), but the song is short, sweet, simple. Everything* anyone ever needs on a Friday.
*Other than wine. But you probably already knew that. ;)


The Third and Final: Yours If You Want It by the Rascal Flatts


Apparently 2017 hasn't changed Rascal Flatts either. Because they've still got it. I'd be annoyed by their inability to make bad music if I wasn't so busy enjoying this new song.


I am now off to hang out with 90 lovely student leaders for three days while simultaneously attempting to overcome a very persistent cold. I'll let you know how all that turns out next week...

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment