December 16, 2016

Imma Be Bored

What a week. Today is my last day of work this year (in theory, at least) and boy am I thankful for the break. It's been a whirlwind couple of months. On the other hand, I am a little nervous I'm going to be bored with so much time off. When I had a week off in early November I couldn't handle the lack of direction or structure each day. I was bored out of my mind. Which I realize is ridiculous... But what do people do when they're fun-employed or retired? This is a real question - I want to know the answer!

Anyways, if you need me, I'll likely be working on making my Anti-Vacation Boredom list.

The First: Bad Boy by Miranda Lambert


Let's just take a moment to all say it out loud: Miranda's new album is real good. This song has been one of the many I keep hitting repeat on. Part of my love for this song is the raw intro line. At first I was confused but it's grown on me and is now quite close to being my favourite part of this song. That and it's super catchy. Other gems I'd recommend include, Tin Man, Running Just In Case, We Should Be Friends, and For The Birds. In case you were wondering what might be coming in future CMFs. Because *spoilers*: they'll likely be in future CMFs.


The Second: Hell On A Highway by Justin Moore


A classic country song plot: someone is driving away from someone else and one of the two individuals feels like they need to sing about it. Think early Miranda with New Strings, Carolyn Dawn Johnson's Georgia, or Tim McGraw ft. Taylor Swift with Highway Don't Care. It may sound like I'm making fun of them, and don't get me wrong: I am. But I also love these songs. Plus Justin makes a Springsteen reference in this one, so regardless of where you land on the country music loving/driving away song spectrum, you can probably appreciate that.


The Third and Final: With You I Am by Cody Johnson


This song takes me back to my early days of listening to and loving country music. Days of George Strait, Tim McGraw, and Martina McBride. Thanks for sounding like the good ole days, Cody.


I hope you all have an excellent weekend! Things will take a little break on here for the next few weeks as I try to dedicate some time to family and friends for the holidays. Or maybe I'll get so bored I change my mind. No one knows at this point. Merry Christmas and see you in the new year!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment