March 3, 2017

Fridays Should Be Fun

GUESS WHAT!?!
I HAVE A WORKING CAR RADIO AGAIN!!!
For those of you have been counting in agony along with me, it's been four months since my radio decided to act like a weirdo phantom and drain my car battery like a jerk.

Hwell. My awesome friend and fixer-of-all-things, Hassan, and I worked on it this weekend (aka he worked on it and I tried to be helpful by popping the hood whenever he told me to) and long story short: it's working again!! So I now know what's been going on in the local country music scene and have been considerably less bored on my commutes. We all win.

So, shout out to Hass. He's amazing.
(He's my friend, you can't have him.)


The First: Shoot Out The Lights by Jessie James Decker


Jessie just released her newest album, Gold, and this is the first song that caught my ear (Gold itself is a little too slow for me, but still a decent title song). Contrary to these lyrics, I love spending my nights hanging out at home. I also liked doing that when I was 17. But it's nice to pretend that in another life perhaps I lived the kind of life Jessie sings about in this song.

Have you ever heard Jessie's song Clint Eastwood? Because that's a good one too. I recommend.


The Second: Barn Burner by Dan Davidson


This video is... I don't even know. BUT THE SONG IS SO FUN! Like please someone take me to a barn dance IMMEDIATELY and have the band play this. You can thank the recent resurgence of my car stereo + the fact that Dan Davidson is hard to keep track of for me being so late to the game with this one. But what an awesome welcome back to the world of FM radio waves, I tell ya. Also: Hello Kitty.


The Third and Final: Somethin' I'm Good At by Brett Eldredge


This guy. Swiftly becoming a favourite because he is clearly just having the time of his life making music and isn't that what we all want to listen to?? I know it is for me. And I also know it is for him because he STRAIGHT UP SAYS SO IN THIS SONG (see 3:03 for the evidence, right after his supa-cool rap section). Also, if that weren't enough (gosh you're hard to please), he is ripping through a painting on a scooter in the publicity photo for this song. And finally, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, he says "flip flop flippin'." Like it's just a normal thing to say. He don't care.


Hope y'all have an absolutely lovely weekend! I'm spending mine celebrating a dear friend who's about to get hitched. Scavenger hunts and plastic tiaras and champagne will all be involved (obvi). Also a shout out to my friend Kali and my brother Jay who are both celebrating birthdays this weekend. Fun!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment