May 5, 2017

Cleaning = Relaxing

Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!

I'm looking forward to an easy weekend at home after several weekends spent being a busybee and/or out of town. I'm gonna watch a lot of Planet Earth and clean my apartment and drink wine/margaritas and my goodness am I looking forward to all of it. Yes, even the cleaning part. Most people probably wouldn't include cleaning in their list of things that are relaxing but if you know me at all, this likely doesn't surprise you; I clean and tidy when I'm happy, stressed, procrastinating, and yes, even when I want to relax. A clean house is cathartic, people!


The First: More Girls Like You by Kip Moore


This song came on the radio yesterday and it dawned on me that I never got around to sharing it. It was the fourth in line for several weeks there but just kept coming in as the runner up and eventually was forgotten about. So sorry, Kip. Sharing you first this week to make up for it.


The Second: Play It Safe by Petric


I've said it before and I'll say it again, these Manitoba brothers are quickly giving the High Valley boys a run for their money. I like this song for the summer because it's easy and carefree and upbeat. Plus it sounds like there's some banjo thrown in there too, which you can't really go wrong with in my opinion.
PS. because I know not everyone's into live acoustic performances in radio station booths, if you're looking for the recorded version you can find it here.


The Third and Final: That's When You Know by Chris Buck Band ft. Kira Isabella


Okay FINE. This video is adorable. And I appreciate that they include some of the lows throughout the couple's relationship and not just all the good lovey dovey stuff. Makes it feel a bit more real, you know? I'm also a fan of the pairing of Chris and Kira's voices here - and not just because of their inherent Canadian wonder.


Cheers to a relaxing weekend for all of us - even if cleaning isn't part of your plans.


Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment