May 19, 2017

Props to the Queen

May Long is HERE!! And we all get Swiss weeks next week, courtesy of the Queen. So lovely of her.

I don't really have that much more to say other than I hope these songs help you get through whatever's left of your workday and that you've got some great plans in store for how you'll spend this long-weekend gift.


The First: Heart Break by Lady Antebellum


I kind of think this is the country version of John Mayer's Perfectly Lonely and I'm super pleased about it. I love that song and I love country (a shock to all of you, I'm sure), so this works for me on several levels. Three levels, in fact.


The Second: You'll Accomp'ny Me covered by Frankie Ballard


I realize there's a lot of new stuff out right now that I could be featuring, but this one has been on repeat because it's got a strong beat that's oh-so-perfect for a sunny (fingers crossed!) long weekend. Plus there's snapping, which is like second best to clapping, which we all know I love incorporated into my music.


The Third and Final: Happy People by Little Big Town


Beyond the fact that these four really can't do wrong with their song choices, I'm really loving this one. I get that it's not the most country-sounding in a hoedown kinda way, but I think the message is positive and true and that's pretty country unto itself. Don't forget to be a happy person this weekend.

And with that, I hope your day passes quick and that you're swiftly ushered into a weekend of relaxation and sunshine (fingers double crossed)!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment