June 30, 2017

Delightfully Charming

After two years and two months, I said (a temporary) goodbye to all my sweet colleagues in the Faculty yesterday and I still don't know how I feel about it. The only thing I do know is that I'm going to miss seeing them everyday and working in an environment where it's commonplace for people to have super specific and endearing passions for things like soil and cheese cultures and flamingos and bees. It's simply been an amazing work family to have had the privilege of being a part of.

The First: Motel Flamingo by Madeline Merlo


I'll be honest, when that sun comes out and this song comes on there is little else I need to be happy. Maybe a drink and a beach chair. But that's pretty much it. I mean, I wouldn't turn down a kitten if you're offering. But other than that, I swear I'm set. And yes, I do find her references to burritos and Doritos delightfully charming.


The Second: Five More Minutes by Scotty McCreery


When I think back to summer nights as a kid, I can't help but remember all the times I'd yell for five more minutes. Like when my brother and I would play badminton at night and try to attract bats by hitting the birdie as high as we could. Or when my friend Kendra and I would spend hours laying on my driveway because the asphalt was still warm from the summer sun (we probably looked ridiculous) looking for shooting stars and deciphering constellations. Or when my mum would come by my room to tell me it was time to turn off the lights and I would desperately ask for more time to finish the chapter I was reading (and would inevitably keep on reading by moonlight even after the lights were turned off).


The Third and Final: Fix A Drink by Chris Janson


This video is kind of bordering on being too country for me, which is probably why I passed it up a few weeks ago. But then, as the story always goes, I started to hear it more and more and goodness gracious is it catchy. And so here we are, with me letting Chris Janson and all his famous country music friends have the pleasure of singing you into the long weekend.


Happy Canada Day Long Weekend - hope you have exciting, sun-filled, and patriotic plans lined up! Mine has quickly gone from a light to heavily packed (with fun things and people) weekend. Enjoy yourself, whatever you're up to!


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment