July 7, 2017

A Jazzier Friday

I've pretty much just been listening to Maren Morris all week, so today's selections are definitely on the blues-y/jazzier side of the country spectrum as a result. But who doesn't like a blues-y soundtrack to rock them into the weekend?? (If you put your hand up in response to that question, please put it down. I can't see you. This is the internet.)


The First: Make You Feel My Love covered by Maisy Stella


It's undeniable that this girl has got a pretty incredible and unique voice. This sweet rendition is made even sweeter with her dad accompanying her on the guitar. I'll admit, her raw talent makes me super jealous. But knowing that she's literally half my age (I looked her up and learned we share a birthday, you see) and has already had the experiences she's had is even more sobering. Thankfully I've got this song to calm my nerves.


The Second: Waiting On You by Lindsay Ell


I'm into this. Like, I could probably listen to it on repeat for a solid two to three days before I would start getting tired of it, which I feel is a significant amount of time to listen to the same song over and over and over and over again. A note about the music video: do not be ashamed if you watch it to the end and are frustrated that she didn't remove the painters tape. It frustrated me a lot. I re-watched it twice to see if I had missed something and then became very annoyed when I learned that I missed nothing. She just. didn't. remove. it.


The Third and Final: Company You Keep by Maren Morris


Since I've been listening to her non-stop I figured I better share something. I think this song is a great reminder of what's is really important - it's not what you do but rather the people you do it with. I've also really been loving Rich lately, though there is some mildly NSFW language so I figured I'd link it instead, out of respect for you and your officemates. 😉


And so ends another week. My long weekend was just splendid! Lots of beach time, pool time, friend time, and out-of-town-visitor time to really stretch out the weekend. More than that, it was just the right balance of having stuff to do and relaxing in preparation for what has turned out to be a very full first week in my new job. Looking forward to another weekend of summertime activities as of 5pm this evening! Hoping your calendars look the same.

Finally, a shout out to my sweet parents who were married 30 years ago today. Happy anniversary to the people who made me who I am today (minus the love for country music... because no one knows where that came from). Love you!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment