July 21, 2017

I'm sorry if you missed me last week.

I know you probably forgot it was even Friday without a CMF in your inbox. I may have started working on last week's CMF real late at night and within a few minutes closed my laptop and felt guilty about it but went to bed anyway. And then I had a nightmare about being robbed and also having a giant crocodile stalk me so don't worry, I clearly paid the price for my choice.

The First: Homemade by Cold Creek County


There's twang. There's talk about hometowns and football games. There are front porch scenes. There's good lookin' men who can sing and play instruments and charm horses (not all at once, mind you... but still). If that's not enough encouragement to hit play, I don't know what is. Though I gotta say, those oddly powerful and unexpected fist pumps are a bit of an odd choice, boys.


The Second: Slow Ride by American Young


Well isn't this just lovely and swoon-worthy?


The Third and Final: Road Trippin' by Dan + Shay


I'm calling this one the soundtrack for my weekend! Definitely on the pop-y side of country but I feel that's just the summertime landscape of this genre. All the pop-y stuff shines during the summer months. If I'm being honest though, I'm always pretty content with any Dan + Shay song that includes a little bit of their fast-paced rap-esque (is it even considered rap? Can someone cooler than me please confirm??) signature style.

First off, a very happy birthday to my friend Tiff! Thanks again for forcing me to be friends with you many years ago. You were right, it needed to happen. I know that now. I hope you have an amazing time celebrating!

While I don't get to spend all of my weekend celebrating Tiff, I do get to spend it relaxing with an equally awesome friend I don't get to see as often and I'm really looking forward to catching up and slowing down over the next few days in her company.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment