January 19, 2018

Happy National Thesaurus Day!

Apparently when I'm at a real loss for a title, I resort to celebrating arguably fake holidays. How exciting, exhilarating, intoxicating, invigorating, action-packed, thrilling!! Hope you make the most of all the synonyms out there today.


The First: Travellin' Soldier by Dixie Chicks


Umm so these unicorn women do. not. age. Look at 'em! Listen to 'em! Love 'em!
This is one of my all-time favourite DC songs and for good reason. When you blend their beautiful voices and harmonies, stage presence, and a heartache of a story all together, what do you expect other than a masterpiece? So grateful that they got together to grace us with their musical talent once again.


The Second: Woman, Amen by Dierks Bentley


Some thoughts:
1. Those are some beautiful scenic shots.
2. Dierks' beard has become quite wild. It now rivals the beards of the boys in The Washboard Union.
3. It's about time for a decent new one from this fellow. I'm always happy with a strong drum beat.


The Third and Final: Playing With Fire by Jennifer Nettles


According to the internet, this song came out a YEAR ago and I'm only just finding it now. What?! Why didn't anybody tell me?! Y'all really have to get better at having my back on these things. Step up, please.

Looking forward to a few days off to spend with friends and books (aka my other friends). Here's hoping you've got fun things planned too!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment