January 26, 2018

I Relinquish My Crown

Ugh. What is wrong with me??
Me, Karla, the self-proclaimed Popcorn Queen failed to notice that last Friday, while it still was National Thesaurus Day, was also POPCORN DAY.

How embarrassing for me. I don't deserve this crown. Take it away from me. But please be gentle. It's made entirely of popcorn kernels I've collected over the years and it means a lot to me. And also keep it away from direct heat.
Please.
Thank you.


The First: Little Dive Bar In Dahlonega by Ashley McBryde


Any new artist endorsed by Eric Church is someone to watch out for in my books. This up-and-comer is tough and tattooed and talented and I'm a fan (of her, and also of alliteration). Certainly worth a listen if you've been looking for some edgier old school Miranda in your life.


The Second: Marry Me by Thomas Rhett


Y'all knew it was only a matter of time for this one. The music video is completely not terrible. The song is quite good. Thomas Rhett's voice is pleasant to listen to. Plus, #spoilers: That lyrical plot twist is just too great to not get featured here.


The Third: Put It In A Song by Taylor Acorn


Gosh, it's been years since someone named Taylor wrote a song about writing a song. Okay, that's probably enough sarcasm. In reality, I do quite like this Taylor Acorn song. It's not too serious, catchy, and I quite like her voice. Plus, how fun was it to sneak in that TSwift flashback? So fun.


The Fourth and Final: Say Something by Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton


I know I'm gonna get some heat for this and that I'm already walking on thin ice following the whole popcorn thing, but I really don't care. This may not be a country song but I have to share because nothing short of literal magic happens when these two kings get together.


Boy, oh boy am I looking forward to my free weekend! It's been a while since I did nothing but slept in and sat around in my pyjamas and read books and napped and watched movies for two days straight. But that is what I've got planned and I couldn't be happier. Maybe a glass of wine would make it a *tad* better, but I'm now just days away of successfully completing my Dry January mission and so a cuppa tea will have to do. Enjoy your weekend, whatever you get up to!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment