March 16, 2018

You Make My (Pop Country) Dreams Come True

Allow me to let you in on a not-so-secret secret: the pop side of country has been *killing it* lately.
Like, really pulling out all the stops for spring, which I feel is when most people start listening to country music. It's a highly weather-dependant genre, as I'm learning.

So hold onto your (cowboy) hats and get ready for what's looking like an excellent crop of country hits to start rolling in. I'm so excited!


The First: Worth It by Danielle Bradbury


Some a capella goodness to kickstart your morning right. Don't be distracted by all her hand gestures or the top notch acoustics of the public washroom she's chosen to perform in (odd). Just focus on the sweet sound of her incredible voice.


The Second: Leaving New Orleans by Jordan Davis


Umm... this guy is officially my favourite. Same Jordan Davis from Singles You Up, as well as the one I legit fell in love with back in October, as you'll recall. What am I saying, I'm sure you all know who he is by now. He's great.
He has been releasing singles left and right and they๐Ÿ‘ are๐Ÿ‘ all ๐Ÿ‘ good. Like... I don't understand how, but they're all so catchy and, surprisingly, not at all repetitive which I feel is a rarity when a new artist releases a bunch of new stuff all at once. It's premature, but Jordan Davis is shaping up to be a 2018 highlight for sure. (Bonus: he just released this song last night.)


The Third and Final: The Difference by Tyler Rich


Okay team, really saving the best of the week for last here. And also perhaps the most pop-y, but it's so good I can't help myself. Plus it's my blog so I'll do what I want. Ha ha ha... 
This has been the only song I've played in my car since last Friday. I'm just continually hitting repeat before the song is even over. Over and over and over and I'm not even sick of it yet.
"Who is Tyler Rich?" you ask? "It doesn't matter just be quiet and listen to this song." I reply.


If you're wanting more springtime pop country goodness for your sunny weekend adventures, I invite you to listen to my new Spring 2018 playlist on Spotify (and yes, The Difference is on there twice...) Whatever you get up to, I hope your weekend's a great one!

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment