July 3, 2015

Fireworks and beards and love.

Welcome to Tuesday? Friday!

I hope you all had a wonderfully patriotic Canada Day and enjoyed a BBQ hot dog and some fireworks!! I, of course, did neither of those things. Why?
   a) I’m vegetarian.
   b) I was so exhausted from the day that I was in bed by 10pm which meant I missed the fireworks. I did hear them, however. I also heard the choir of dogs in my neighbourhood barking at the fireworks (and the resulting humans yelling at said dogs, because that’s apparently necessary) until well past 11pm. Charming.

Let’s listen to some country music, shall we?


The First: It’s All Good by Jojo Mason


This guy. Who is he? Where did he come from? It doesn’t really matter because he rocks this tune and I look forward to many other wonderful and oh-so-fittingly-Friday jams from him in the future. Apparently Tim Hicks co-wrote this song, which I find interesting because I think it would sound quite different if he was the one singing it. Either way, it’s aaaaall good.


The Second: Some Day by The Washboard Union 


All the beard. All the banjo. What else could you want in a country music video? A truck? Some hay? Oh don’t you worry, they’ve got you covered there too. My favourite part of this video – and I think what really speaks to the goofiness of this group – happens nice and early on at 0:24, in case you were wondering (don’t lie, you were).


The Third and Final: Everyday Love by Rascal Flatts


Taking us back to this lovely oldie in honour of my friend David’s wedding this weekend. I have no doubt you and Kim will share a life no less wonderful than the one described in this song. Thanks for being my country music buddy for those years in Victoria when I so desperately need one – wishing you both the best! (P.S. Specifically linking the lyric video here because the real music video is too Y2K for my liking.)


Thanks for listening!
Karla


Find me and the CMF playlist on Spotify @karcarr8.

No comments:

Post a Comment