August 19, 2015

My Top Ten Songs of Summer 2015

It's August 19th.
I'm just going to go ahead and call it now. I hope you're all okay with that because, if not, it's kind of too late since you're already reading this. Besides, there's a bonus in doing this now, instead of sometime in September: you can actually enjoy the songs while the season is still upon us.

So here are my top ten Songs of Summer 2015.

I will preface with saying that yes, I know not all these songs were brand new this summer. That's not really the point. The point is they're just the ones I've just been listening to a little bit too much lately. So, in no particular order, here you go:


1. Until I Met You by Sundy Best


We all know how these boys changed my life. Is that an exaggeration? Probably not. They gave me a newfound faith in music videos potentially not being awful forever and also gave us this really adorable song.


2. Break Up With Him by Old Dominion


Don't even pretend to be surprised. I've gushed over these guys three separate times. We all know my love for them and their humour and their talent and their faces.


3. Gonna by Blake Shelton


Still love it every time it comes on.


4. Rodeo by Mackenzie Porter


I think I just like how straightforward she is. I also still think he is adorable at the end with the laundry.


5. Take Your Time by Sam Hunt


My friend's almost three-year-old, Lily, doesn't like this song because "he spends too much time talking." Unfortunately, I disagree with lil' Lily. I'm a fan of the slow jam rap (at least that's what I call it..)


6. Loving You Easy by Zac Brown Band



It would take me forever to link all my past love for ZBB. Y'all get it. They're wonderful. They're talented. And every one of their future singles will probably end up being a CMF feature. Some things in life are just predictable like that.


7. Stay A Little Longer by the Brothers Osborne


So what I actually wanted to link here, and have been waiting (im)patiently for for months, is the extended version of this song. JRFM plays it once in a while and it's just such a treat. If you can find it on iTunes or are lucky enough to catch it on the radio, please enjoy.


8. My Mistake by Cam


Her voice is just so beautiful and the harmonies in this one still make my heart happy.


9. Don't It by Billy Currington


I think I just love the way he sings "as far as I can tell that finger ain't got no ring on it" and then goes on to talk about karaoke for kind of no reason at all.


10. Crash and Burn by Thomas Rhett


I'm into the video almost as much as I'm into the song. I like the part when he's walking next to his car rolling in neutral. I like the look on his face when he's recreating a little 1989 Say Anything and she's throwing his stuff out the window. I even like his jacket. The only thing that I don't really like is this girl's overacting. It's really the only upsetting part of an otherwise lovely music video.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment