August 28, 2015

There are still four more days left in August.

So let's make them all count, okay?

And what better way to do that than through song??


The First: Absolutely Nothing by Randy Houser



GET READY FOR A GOOD TIME. Because that's what Randy is all about with this one. He is basically just singing through a run-on sentence for every verse and I'm super into it.
It may not be your style, and I get that. Just like how Mountain Dew and Slim Jims are not my sort of thing, but I can appreciate that others might enjoy them. (< that would only have been a rando sentence for you if you didn't listen to the song.)


The Second: Honey Jack by Madeline Merlo



First off: she's not just Canadian, she's from Maple Ridge. So well done, local lady!
Secondly: I like the chill vibes of this song. Yes, that's right, I said vibes. Get over it.
She starts this song off by saying "slow and easy" and I really don't know how else to describe the mood of this one other than that.
Thirdly, a confession: I'm actually really not a fan of Jack Daniels Honey. For the record. Shhh. But I am a big fan of this song, so that's something at least.
Finally: If you like Madeline's voice then Sinking Like a Stone is another lovely one, should you be in need of a moodier song.


The Third and Final: Drunk by Courtney Cole


My thoughts on this song/video, in "order of appearance":
0:11 - Nope, don't care for this song. No real need to sing about your over-intoxication.
0:15 - Oh, you're not.
0:35 - Who is this girl? Is she intentionally over-acting?
1:03 - I changed my mind: can we be best friends?? (take me with you to Tim McGraw, please.)
1:22 - I want your shoes and somewhere to wear them. Maybe to the concert?
2:00 - Yep. Basically this is what it would be like if I were to ever star in a music video. I would just have a slightly less aggressive side part in my hair. Confetti could not be more on point though.

That's it for this week! This will be my last official free weekend of summer, so I plan to fill it with friends and brunch and music and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment