November 27, 2015

Country Covers

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Another Friday.

And with Fridays come country music.

This week I was recommended to feature country covers, which I thought was a wonderful way to highlight great songs and new artists. So let's do this.


The First: Riot covered by Sara Haze


First off, what an excellent song originally recorded by the always great Rascal Flatts. Secondly, I think this girl's voice is so clear and beautiful, and I recommend you also checking out some of Sara's other stuff. For example, her Opry performance of I Want You Anyway definitely highlights her vocals skills. (Yes, I just said "vocal skills"). Thirdly... I really don't have anything else to say about this song other than I hope you enjoy it.


The Second: Runnin' Outta Moonlight covered by Brandon Ray


OKAY. Things that make me laugh now, but initially made me not want to watch this video: his friends are drinking capri suns and raving about how "sweet" their bmx's are. Are they still in fifth grade? Possibly. Isn't it a little dark out for fifth graders to be causing a ruckus in the town square? Absolutely.
The good news is that Brandon is freaking excellent and does a great job with this song. Like a really great job. Like, I would kinda be okay hanging out with his fifth grade friends if it meant that Brandon would just serenade me all the time.


The Third and Final: Colder Weather covered by James David Carter


Allow me to begin by saying that this is one of my top three favourite Zac Brown Band songs. That's a pretty intense statement since we all know how much I love ZBB. Having said that, I think James does justice to this V.I.S. (Very Important Song). Now, he gets a little (read: super) dramatic around 2:45, which I could do without if I'm being honest, but his voice is still good so I let that slide. James apparently also auditioned for The Voice at some point. I don't watch that show nor do I feel obliged to go look up how he did, but I hope he did well. If you know, feel free to let me know.

That's it for this week! I hope you have discovered a new artist or two that you like and that I've now sent you off to a weekend of falling into that dark, perpetual rabbit hole lovingly known as youtube.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment