November 13, 2015

Oldies but goodies.

To be honest I don't know what's new in country this week. So we're sticking to oldies but goodies because a) they need love too, b) when else am I going to showcase them? and finally c) it's the safest option considering my current lack of awareness.


The First: Bourbon in Kentucky by Dierks Bentley ft. some vocal love from Kacey Musgraves


How appropriate is this video right now amidst all this Alaskan rain? (That's right: it's a weather system that's come on down from Alaska. I like to do my weather-related research, thank you). But actually 1:57 is basically all of Vancouver right now. Thanks, Sarah Palin.

This song is an old favourite when I'm in a rainy moody mood. That's a phrase I just came up with, although the concept is not new at all. Essentially it just involves cozying up on the couch with a fluffy blanket near a window that I've opened just a tiny bit so that I can hear the rain, while a glass of wine, a book, and Dierks keep me company. Rainy moody moods are actually super pleasant, despite what the name may lead you to believe.


The Second: Hip To My Heart by The Band Perry


Ahhh TBP. I linked a live-in-studio version of this song that I think is incredible and a little funkier and a little banjo-ier than the recorded version, which is also great but different. I'm in love with this version and am really sad that I've lost out on five years of not knowing it existed. Ugh.
In other news, can we take uno momento to talk about how fun it would be to just start emphasizing sentences by saying "brother man"? I think it would be awesome. Just picture this with me:
"Excuse me, brother man! Can you please pass me the hot sauce?"
"Hi. I'd like a ticket for one to Sleepless in Seattle. Yes, that's right, just the one... brother man."
"Dear Santa, I would like a Princess Unicorn doll under the tree this year. BROTHER MAN!"

PS Kimberly Perry: I want your outfit. Thanks.


The Third and Final: On Fire Tonight by Little Big Town


Hey... have I mentioned at all that LBT is in concert in the greater Vancouver area next week? Probably not... I've been trying to be super subtle and quiet about it over the last few months.

I AM VERY EXCITED. And I anticipate that this song is basically a description of what will happen in real life next Thursday. Get ready to hear all about it.

It's the weekend in a few short hours and I hope it's a good one for you. I also hope that you are able to keep dry out there and take care when puddle-jumping.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment