December 2, 2016

Bad Analogies

It happened.
The tree is up.
The festive tea towels and mugs are out and about.
The advent calendar is ready to help build anticipation like when they dim the lights at the theatre. Except apparently this movie theatre worker is a big tease and is just dimming the lights verrrrry slowly for like 24 days.

I know that was a terrible analogy. Just ignore me. We all know I can't come up with good analogies when I'm tired.* Please instead allow me to redeem myself by telling you that Country Christmas 2016 is ready for your listening pleasure.

*Don't even think of saying anything along the lines of "she must be tired all the time then ha ha ha." because that would just be rude.


The First: Box #10 covered by Stoney LaRue


I've been very into the jazzier side of country lately and Stoney LaRue is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about. A blend of two of my three favourite genres of music. You can go ahead and be thankful that it's not a blend of country music with my other favourite genre: musical theatre. Because otherwise we'd basically just be listening to Oklahoma! and Annie Get Your Gun. 


The Second: Smooth by Florida Georgia Line


You know what really carries this song? The frog ribbits. I especially like that they're not just there for the intro. They're there for the duration. For the long haul. In it to win it. In it to ribbit.
Sorry.


The Third and Final: Tougher Than Love by Bobby Wills


Just... ignore the dramatic beginning. And the less-than-ideal video quality. Because the song is worth it, I swear. This is the title track off Bobby's newest album and for good reason, if you ask me. Which you kind of are just by virtue of reading this.
If you want to hear more about Bobby, I've featured him before (wink wink, nudge nudge).

I'll be spending my weekend celebrating the kick-off to this holiday season and baking probably too many cookies. Hope you have a sweet weekend too.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment