May 27, 2016

What Are Your Thoughts On Sushi?

Earlier this week, Jimmy Fallon (who I used to be legitimately in love with because what a cutie) had Blake on his show and makes him eat sushi for the first time. You can enjoy it here.

Since we're all busy people, I've done you a kindness and corralled my personal highlights for you below:
1) "The texture is... playdough." (1:52)
2)  Jimmy makes up the lyrics and melody of a song he thinks could be on Blake's new album. If I'm being honest, I wouldn't hate it if it was real song. (3:12)
3) Blake constantly yelling for "more raahhss waahn" (too many times to record... I suppose you'll just have to watch the whole video after all).

The First: Flying by Green River Ordinance


Full disclosure: we may be verging on folk with this one. The truth is, the song I actually wanted to feature is now on it's second week of not being shareable via the Youtube... so we're all making sacrifices here. The good news is that this song includes more GRO harmonies, which we already know they're good at. Plus it features a banjo, a fiddle, and barn dancing. So really they're just a truck short of being a full fledged country song.
(Just kidding... there's obviously a truck).


The Second: I'm So Over Getting Over You by Kira Isabella


Kind of girly and spiteful (but not in a TSwift kind of way, even though we all know I love Taylor anyway) and I weirdly like it? Good luck getting this one out of your head. #Sorrynotsorry.


The Third: Point of View by American Young


So this is acoustic and fun and cute and honest and has beautiful harmonies.

Harmonies really are my weakness because I personally have no ability to harmonize and I therefore admire all who can. I also admire all who can drive stick, for similar reasons. I've only ever tried once and it ended with me screaming for a solid slow-motion minute while I rolled - out of turn - through the main four-way stop in downtown Squamish at approximately 3 km/hr while literally the entire town watched (it was a Saturday in Squamish, trust me when I say everyone was there). Needless to say I pulled over immediately and told my mom that I was never attempting that again.


Enjoy your weekend, friends! Perhaps find someone who has never tried sushi and force them to eat some. Because why not?

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment